AWR Provided transmission blueprinting and rebuild for this car, as well as technical advice.
Track: Dover Raceway, 1.6 Miles 13 turn with a lot of elevation changes known to be the most challenging circuit in the caribbean.
The Driver: Driven by Joslyn Crawford
The Car: 1971 MK1 Ford Escort (from UK)
- 2.3 Duratec Engine with ITB & Equal length exhaust making 235 WHP
- Trans 5sp Dog Box & or AWR MX5 5sp Close Ratio
- Shortened Ford Atlas Axle with uprated half shaves
- AST 3-Way Suspension (set up by Curtis Woodman from AST UK)
- AP Racing Brakes (front & rear 310mm & 240) vented all round
- 15×8 Minilites with Goodyear Eagle (slick) and Toyo R888 (DOT)
- A lot more good stuff that any PROPER race car should have.
This is our first full season and at present we are 3rd in class and leading Rookie of the year standing. The car is very competitive and is definitely a winner but we need to land a good sponsorship in order to start competing more effectively.
Thanks again Tony.